Friday, June 3, 2011

A Great Husband and The Lazy Days of Summer

I know I've mentioned that James is patient and very understanding. But when your wife is red headed, freckled and bound and determined to dig in the dirt on one of the sunniest and hottest days you can remember, what does a GREAT husband do?
Mine got the EZ-UP Canopy and created shade over my work area so I wouldn't fry in the sun. Aww! Seriously, he saved me (and himself) from the crabby, whiny, miserable, beet red creature that usually comes in from a day in the sun. Yes, I use sunblock, a LOT of it. But I still burn... terribly! All that said, this planting season was a lot less painful  - for everyone involved!
I also have to mention that not everyone in our family is nearly as enthused about this endeavor as we are. Madilyn, Bexley (our four-legged child) and Conner were all too spent from playing to have anything left to contribute to planting. It brings to mind the story of the Little Red Hen. I know once this garden is up and growing, once all the sweat equity has been fully invested and it is time to harvest, these three will be more than interested! For now, I'll let them relax in the shade ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment